What We’re Made of
Leavenworth County’s population has grown 16.8% and continues to grow at a significant rate. A majority of residents are between the ages of 18 and 60 and are in their prime working years. Leavenworth County residents have a higher median income than the State of Kansas and are more prosperous than the average American.
Leavenworth County Profile prepared by KU Institute for Policy & Social Research
Mid-America Regional Council projects that the county’s population will reach 83,000 by 2020.
– Leavenworth County population is 80,204 (2016)
– The annual median per household income is $66,046
– Per capita income is $28,743
– Median home value in Leavenworth County is $168,900
– The median age is 37.4
– 91.5 percent of Leavenworth County residents have a high school education or higher
– 30.1 percent of Leavenworth County residents have a bachelor’s degree or higher
Note: Educational attainment rates are for the population 25 years and older.
Sources: U.S. Bureau of the Census; Bureau of Labor Statistics; Experian/Applied Geographic Solutions; Kansas Division of the Budget